Madelyn was so terrified of Santa that she was screaming in baby noises, she couldn't even form words. Needless to say I sat on Santas lap with her. Camryn loved the big guy and went as far as to play with his beard and try to take his glasses.
We are paying today though. Everyone is exhausted, to the point of being overtired. Camryn now has a cold, but If she could talk I'm sure she would say it was worth it, we had so much fun. (*Update - lack of sleep must have caught up with Camryn because last night, Sunday night, she woke once at 8pm and not again until 3:30am...YAY!!)
We found elf eating cookies this morning!
I made homemade potato soup tonight. Maddy told me it smelled dirty and she wouldn't eat. That girl and her nose, I swear.
In an attempt to make some different "baked milk" items I made homemade biscuits to go with the soup, she wouldn't eat those either. I have a feeling this whole baked milk thing is going to have 2 outcomes, #1 Maddy will outgrow her allergy and probably her love of cupcakes and #2 all my failed attempts to mix it up will only result in me eating more baked goods. Oh the sacrafices we as parents must make!
Someone likes icing
"Please let us in, we promise not to eat all the cookies and icing"
Some of the beautiful cookies that were made
Forget icing the cookies....
I'm pretty sure all those looking right at my camera were doing so because Maddy was sitting on my lap FREAKING out at this moment...making noises we'd never heard.
Anna must have been a good girl this year, she received a gift from Santa too. Wonder what he told her she'd get for Christmas this year...she looks awfully happy!
Oh just doing a little work
That would be Maddy on top of (wrestling) Riley while Amelia played quietly next to them.
Tickle Fight









So glad it's not just ours that have a 'smell' issue. Almost everything I cook smells bad to her - except bacon :)
ReplyDelete