Madelyn did not sleep until she was a year old.
We had high hopes for Camryn. At 2 months she slept through the night. It was the best Mothers day present. I woke up feeling like a new woman on Mothers day. Well, still at 8 months old, that is the only night she's slept all night. Now I should give her some credit, she's gone long stretches, 6-8 hours, which I know is considered sleeping through the night, just doesn't feel like it. At 5 months she started eating cereal, she'd eat a big bowl before bed, go to sleep at 6:15 and wake up once. It was great, that I could handle. Then something happened in between teething, the "7 month wakeful period", a cold here or there, whatever other excuse I could come up with to explain how little she sleeps, and recently she's been getting up every 3-4 hours! I'm a walking zombie. She also won't nap. Now I must give her some credit, she's is a dream to be around, tired or not she's a wonderful, happy little thing. Look at this face, she may wake me up at 5am but just look at her, tired, but happy...
This past weekend she even let me put her down in the family room to sleep, she was that tired. This has never happened before with either of my kids:
even Madelyn was amazed!!
But you go to put her in her room and she'll cry for hours if she has to. One day I'll make her read this, and then she can apologize :)
Mommy just needs some sleep. I feel like it just doesn't do it justice when I say I'm tired. Like you can't possibly get how tired I really am. I am also convinced no one else close to me (ehmm, my hubby) is as tired as me, they can't possibly be....but that's not really fair of me to say now is it?
One of Matts co-workers told him that smart babies don't sleep. We're going to go with that...our babies are just too smart to sleep. Whatever helps you get through the day right?! Well that and coffee, oh how I love coffee!

I like the idea that smart kids don't sleep. I'll take that. Though as I'm commenting, A is taking her first nap (for me) in over a year! I almost don't want to move for fear of waking her.
ReplyDeleteAh I forgot to mention the "light sleeper". I think Camryn hears when my head hits the pillow, she always seems to wake the second I start to nod off. Kids....
ReplyDelete