Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mish Mash Mush

This post title says it all.  This post is a Mish Mash of recent happenings, and I feel like our lives have been full of hectic craziness, sleepless nights, and it's making my brain mush...so there you have it.

Since we've been back from the beach Matt has been outside working on digging footer holes for the deck/porch and tearing down the old deck...leaving me with two crazy toddlers.  Throw in some crazy rain storms and we have giant water filled holes in our back yard and very muddy dogs (whom we hope don't somehow fall in the giant holes!).

I'll explain in pictures:

Back yard:



Crazy Toddlers:




Oh and lets throw in a few snakes Matt found (1 in our garage!, the other in the back yard)

If I lose sight of the girls, chances are they're under the dining room table.  Maddy told me yesterday they were having a picnic:





Camryn had her 15 month appointment yesterday.  She's around the 17th percentile for weight and 75th for height (I don't remember exact measurements).  She got 2 shots and was a champ, she's so tough.  She doesn't say any clear words besides Mama and Dada but she sure does babble and she understands so much.  You ask her to go find Maddy or take something to daddy and she knows exactly what you're saying.  She's still not sleeping through the night but we're working on that.  Last night was night 2 of no night feedings and she sure has some lungs.  Tuesday night she screamed from 9:15 - 11pm.  Last night she screamed from 12:15-2am.  Matt goes in there to calm her down, but she's just mad and continues to scream.  Ughh, strong willed little girl. She's sweet as can be but sure can throw a temper tantrum.

Maddy on the other hand has started the "why" phase.  Everything, and I mean everything, get a "huh?" or "why".  So while Matt's working his tail off digging giant holes in the muddy back yard I'm chasing around Camryn and explaining EVERYTHING to Maddy (from why it's raining out to why I'm asking her to be quiet).  Oh and Cash has decided he won't step on the kitchen or basement floor (he slips with his nails sometimes) so that's been fun.

But at the end of the day, these two are something else.  Gosh I love them.  They keep giving me check-ups...maybe it's because of how exhausted I look?




I have a feeling the rest of summer will be like this, crazy fun hectic madness.  Weekends are quickly filling up and Matt has many days of deck building ahead of him.  Lets just hope it doesn't fly by too fast!!

1 comment:

  1. Maddy has a shovel. Why isnt see out there digging holes working for some candy. I could pay her with skittles.

    ReplyDelete