Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beach Part 2

I have a bunch of really great pictures on my camera I need to load, but here are some I was able to snap quickly with my phone.

We have been so busy since we got home!! Matt is back working on the screened in porch, we are both slammed at work, and the girls are still all off from being on vacation.  Both girls are waking, even multiple times each night.  We are definitely exhausted!

We had to cut our beach trip short when tropical storm Andrea made her way up the coast.  It was Thursday afternoon and we were on the beach with some new friends we met, they own and run King Family Vineyards outside of Charlottesville, we definitely need to make a trip!  So, anyways, we started hearing all the weather reports of torrential downpours, flooding, high winds, etc.  We were planning on leaving late Friday.  We got back to the condo, picked up some dinner, and decided to just pack up and go.  Right as we were heading out of town it started to rain.  I wish I could say the ride home was easy but it was far from it.  Camryn fussed for about an hour and a half before throwing up all over herself.  Poor thing definitely gets car sick.  It broke my heart.  We made a quick stop, changed her, put her back in her carseat (yuck) and finished up the last hour of our trip.

Now the fun part...the pictures.

We had one rainy day during the week and went to Funland in Rehobeth









Maddy found this crab claw on the beach, named him Pinchy, and he slept by her bed.  He was stinky so I put him outside...can't get anything by her, she quickly noticed he was missing.


Camryn just taking it all in.  We had the beach to ourselves, it was wonderful!



While we were gone Callie had her 5th birthday.  Her Gammy got her special birthday treats and a birthday collar.  Look how gray my little girl is :(  How we love our Callie girl!!!

And a puppy pic because I just couldn't help it! 



Flying a kite

Our cutie turned 15 months while we were at the beach.  Last time we were at the beach she was turning 6 months old.  My how time flies!



Maddy running from the waves


The girls ate pancakes for almost every meal.  Maddy requested pancakes 24/7.  Camryn insisted on using a fork and now loves feeding herself with a fork or spoon.



This is how we all felt about leaving the beach.


Precious little thing on the ride home, this was one of the few minutes she slept prior to getting sick.

Maddy was singing songs about her new friend James from the beach for awhile (they went something like "I love James, James is my best friend, oh and Makenna is my best friend...."), she probably sang for an hour before she finally konked out and fell asleep.


Its now Tuesday and I still feel how Maddy looks in that picture above, totally spent and ready for another vacation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment