According to the allergist at John Hopkins we can now officially say Maddy is allergy free. I must admit this still makes me a bit nervous. We had to be so careful for 3 years now it will take awhile to get used to this. In fact it's been 3 years, 2 months, and 4 days since her horrible reaction at daycare, the scariest day of my life thus far!! Hopkins said once she got to 4 oz. of straight dairy she'd be home free. So she can have whatever she wants now!! I'm so proud of her for being such a trooper these past 3 years. She was always so careful, always asking if she could have something, always understanding when we had to say no. She still asks me if something has milk and then smiles when I tell her yes and she still gets to eat it! I don't think she could get any more wonderful.
She experienced her first milk shake the other day.
She loves Nutella
This weekend she had ranch and cheddar cheese slices for the first time. She loves M&M's, but who wouldn't!?
She doesn't care for real milk just yet.
I am so thankful to Hopkins for everything. Had we stayed with our local allergist she'd still be going to get blood taken and prick tests every 6 - 12 months and probably wouldn't even have had her baked milk challenge yet.
Here's to what we all hope to be an allergy free future for our sweet girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment