Friday, August 23, 2013

Party Prep

So we (I say we, but really mean Matt) finished the porch this week.  As of 5:30 pm on Wednesday the porch and deck are DONE!!!  Just in time for my birthday party Saturday.  When my husband gives himself deadlines, he meets them.  We are so glad this project is over!  Now it's time to enjoy all the hard work.

This week was exciting.  One of my most favorite couples in the whole world, Pam and Mark, welcomed their first child, Kirra, into the world.  She was born late on Monday, August 19th.  I am so happy for them and she is a gorgeous little girl.  I can't wait to meet her.  Matt and I will have to make a quick trip down to Wilmington in the near future.

So I am one lucky girl.  Matt has been working so hard to get ready for the big party on Saturday.  He has some secrets up his sleeve as well.  The girls are excited to go to the Lake for the weekend with Gammy, Aunt Anna, and Uncle Zach.  We "helped" daddy with party prep by doing a quick little makeover of the front.  We mulched, put some planters on the front porch, and filled some pots with some bright pretty mums (and played with water guns).




Maddy starts preschool in 2 weeks (she'll actually miss her 1st day because we're squeezing in one last beach trip the week of Labor day, whooo hooo)!  I can't believe my baby will be in preschool.  Just 2 full days a week but still, wow time flies.  So to get ready for school Maddy and I went to visit on Wednesday.  She sat in her class for story time and had a snack as well.  She seemed ok but I was right there with her.  So next week we'll try again, and maybe she'll let me slip away for a few minutes.  We'll see how that goes.  Wednesday night there was pizza and a magic show at the school.


The school also has animals...chickens, roosters, sheep, ponies, etc.  Camryn wasn't into the magic, but loved the animals.




Last night we played in the playroom for a little bit and then all went to get frozen yogurt.  I'm so excited the place near our house has sorbet in their machines so Maddy can get some "ice cream" and put on her toppings and it's dairy free, so great, we love it!

Camryn putting on high heels (she must get that from her sister).


Blurry, but Maddy about to throw the ball to/at me.


Camryn sleeps through the night probably more often than not, but when she doesn't it's horrible, like up for hours every few hours which means no sleep for anyone else.  When she does sleep through the night she goes to sleep between 8 and 9pm, she powers through her tiredness, and wakes anywhere between 3:30 and 5am...seriously.  She fell asleep holding my hand through her crib the other night though and it's just so cute!  She also loves giving kisses now, I'll take all the kisses she offers up!

No comments:

Post a Comment