Monday, August 5, 2013

Lake Anna

This past weekend Anna and I went to Lake Anna with the girls.  My dad and Tammy were at the lake and invited us to come along.  I was off on Friday so Anna and I packed them up and left Thursday afternoon.  The ride down took awhile, there were horrible storms and tons of rain, but we made it and the girls were great!




As soon as we got down there we went down to the water and gave the fish some bread.  The girls loved the lake!








Friday morning bright and early the girls were ready to go down to the water.  We spent all day, every day, in the water.  Maddy swims around like a champ with her puddle jumper on.  Camryn loves the water but hates her life vest.  Luckily the water was so shallow I could stand in the water and hold her (all day long!), but we had a great time none the less.






Camryn was so wiped from all the fun she fell asleep on me one night eating cheez its.


Anna and Maddy did a lot of fishing.  When Anna actually caught a fish though, Maddy was all interested and then the fish started flopping around on the dock...Maddy was traumatized   That night she was having nightmares, screaming about a fish, and how she wanted to go inside...for like 45 min. straight.  You never know how things will affect Maddy.  We went on the boat and Anna skied and when she fell, Maddy flipped out.  She thought she'd just lost her Aunt Anna...I decided not to try anything after that...she may have had a heart attack had I fallen.




We had a picnic on the dock. (Don't worry, Anna and I were both right there :)


We came home Sunday morning because we had a birthday party to go to.  Hello Kitty ears were in the goody bag and I must say, they look adorable on Camryn (and Maddy, but I couldn't snap a picture before she took them off!)


Yesterday afternoon the girls were so tired.  I was pretty tired myself.  So I put the girls in a box so I could take a break.


While we were having fun at the lake Daddy was home working on the deck.  It looks amazing!!! We're almost there.....






No comments:

Post a Comment