Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mother's Day

It seems like spring will soon be a distant memory and we're jumping from winter to summer.  It seems like summer is just around the corner and I'll blink and miss spring!!

With Maddy's upcoming 5th birthday (I can't believe it!!!!), and then Maddy and Sydney's joint 5th birthday party, and our beach trip in a few weeks it feels like we're jumping head first right in to summer and I'm pumped!

The other night, in honor of Cinco de Mayo (I'll take any excuse to eat Mexican food) we all had our own version of mexican food.  Maddy had a make your own taco, Cams had plain tortilla chips with shredded cheese (aka uncooked nachos...you melt the cheese, she won't eat it), and we had our own versions of taco salad.  





The girls have been very helpful in the garden.  It's growing like crazy and I just couldn't stand it the other day I pulled up a radish, it was small and extra spicy...not quite ready but I did get to eat something from the garden!



Work has been so incredibly frustrating and stressful lately I decided I'd had enough and needed to bake (and eat).  So I made this deep dish cookie pie and it was wonderful.  I took half of it to work for everyone to enjoy.....and only after they ate it did I tell them it was made with beans...yes, beans!  If you ask nicely I'll make you one :)




Camryn had a field trip the other day.  Look at her all sweet and innocent snuggling up next to her teacher!



The girls had their first lemonade stand.  They raked in the bucks.  They were at it for hours, used all the cups and lemonade we had, and had a blast.  If they keep at it they'll need bigger piggy banks!





Taking a break from selling lemonade to do some coloring.



With the weather warming up we're able to return to one of our favorite spots....our friends pool!  Have I mentioned how lucky we are to have such great friends right down the street?!



The many faces of Camryn....of course she didn't end up liking this ice cream cone and I just had to eat it for her...it's tough being mom.



Ice cream cones all around.





The day after our fun pool day was Mothers Day!!!  One of my most favorite days of the year.  Matt made and the girls brought me breakfast and coffee in bed.





Then I got all my presents!  Camryn made me a butterfly with her foot prints, as well as a few pieces of art work that I just love (an I Love Mom print and a bicycle with a banner that says I love mom or happy mothers day, I don't recall specifically right now).  Then Maddy did this "All about my mommy" worksheet.  My favorite parts are that I'm 50 and I'd be a frog...I'm the old frog lady I guess....Ribbit.



Maddy also planted Marigold seeds which she gave me along with a beaded necklace (with some black beads because her "teacher says mommy's like to wear black").

Matt took the girls fishing on Mothers Day to give me a few hours alone.



They found an inch worm.



In the afternoon Anna and Zach brought over crabs and Gammy came over and we all had a little crab feast together.  I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day!



Camryn thinks it's hilarious NOT to smile for pictures these days and instead rolls her eyes.














Aunt Anna and the girls made a delicious coconut flour cake topped with fresh berries and homemade whipped cream for dessert.  It was DELICIOUS!







I really am so thankful and blessed to have such a thoughtful amazing husband and kids who made sure I had a great day and sister and brother who ensured Mom and I had crabs on mothers days :)  How did I get so lucky!???

The Monday after Mothers Day I was off with the girls so we went to see PopPop and got cookies at Atlanta Bread.





I found a Groupon for Monkey Joes, where the girls had been asking to go, so we went and we had the place to ourselves, it was wonderful!!














The girls have been going on bike rides lately around the neighborhood.





One day our neighbor, Mr. B, who has chickens, saw them riding and had them come back to visit with the chickens, which the girls love!!



They even came home with fresh eggs!



The girls posing in front of the horses at their school one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment