Thursday, October 30, 2014

October has come and gone

Wow, tomorrow is Halloween...how did that month just disappear?!

We've had a stressful few weeks but are looking forward to Halloween tomorrow (Maddy has been counting down for days now) and the upcoming holidays.

My back has really been hurting me this month and after going to the doctor and getting some x-rays they told me I have 2 discs in my lower back that are degenerating.  I'm trying to pay better attention to what I do and stand more at work, etc.  There's no fixing the damage at this point, but I can hopefully slow the continued degeneration.  So anyways, while I was resting one day, Camryn was doing my make-up with her make-up brushes.




One day we went to Home Depot and the girls saw these stick horses (not sure what to call them) and they "rode" them all around the store.  It was adorable really.




The girls still love the tire swing Matt put out back for them!





Maddy practicing flips on the playground





The girls both had their class field trips to the pumpkin patch.  I went on Maddy's and Matt went on Camryn's.



Maddy and her friends jumping on the giant bouncy pillow.



I'm pretty sure getting a class picture of 2 year olds is no easy feat.





The girls favorite book to read at night is their ABC book.  They both recite the alphabet and just love reading the book and are so proud of themselves.



Now that the weather is getting cooler we have little picnics downstairs sometimes.



Last weekend we went up to MD and got to spend time with family.









After MD we met up with Aunt Anna and the girls got their nails done.  Camryn chose blue and Maddy chose sparkles.









On Sunday we had a birthday party and Chuck E Cheese.









Afterwards a few of us went to lunch and to watch football.  Camryn LOVES Mr. Tony.







The boys intently watching the game.


On the way home from lunch all Camryn was saying was "I no want to go home".  She really didn't want to go home haha.  So I asked her who she wanted to call and she said Aunt Anna.  So Anna picked the girls up for some crafting fun!





Maddy feeding her carrots to Rosco


I think Aunt Anna wore them out...




Last night we carved our pumpkins...2 days before Halloween :)


Maddy drew her face and then I carved it.  He has hands, a mustache, and hair!




While we were carving pumpkins Matt was tearing our kitchen apart!


Maddy was home sick on Tuesday and we had talked about needing to tile our kitchen floor and how great it would be if we painted our cabinets...an affordable kitchen face lift.  Well Matt used his time home with Maddy to get started....so this is what we're working with now.  No cabinet doors and no floor :)



Camryn also had her follow-up hearing test with Fairfax County Childfind on Monday and she actually failed both tests this time so they recommended we got to an ENT.  They think fluid and/or pressure in her middle ear may actually be causing her speech delay so we have an appointment next week with an ENT.  We have a follow-up with Child Find later in November because they think her ears may be causing her speech issues and if we clear one up the other may fix itself... we shall see :)







No comments:

Post a Comment