Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall Beach Trip

We spent a long weekend in Bethany Beach 2 weekends ago with 4 other families and had a great time, and were again blessed with beautiful weather!

We headed down super early on Friday and as soon as we got to the beach we went to the boardwalk and beach.




I think they were pretending to be cats or something...





Some of our friends soon arrived so after some time on the beach we went to the playground.



This rock wall actually went up kind of high and Camryn just climbed right up it, no problem, while I stood below wondering what the chances were I'd be able to catch her should she fall...luckily it didn't come to that!



The girls playing hide a seek...I wonder where they are?!



The playground had a volley ball court that had filled with water so before we headed back to the beach the girls used that as their beach.









As it got later in the day it started to warm up a bit so we headed back to the beach and had an awesome day!



















I think they were looking for sand crabs.







The sea gulls wanted our lunch.





When we were able to check in and got the kids all changed and lined up to watch a movie.





The kids had a blast running around, playing games, dress up, bouncing off the walls, you name it.













Bubbles!



Popsicle cheers.







Morning activities.



Another day on the beach.







All the girls...We actually had people stop us because they couldn't believe there wasn't a single boy in the bunch.  I think a few even commented on how they felt for us when they all become teenagers, haha.







Amelia teaching Kendall how to do cartwheels.



Maddy and Delaney.



Probably up to no good.





Matt and the girls eating peanuts.



Movie time.  We offered the first one to fall asleep for nap a quarter...Avery is the only one who went to sleep!



Dinner and happy hour.



Followed by ice cream...Matt happily shared with Delaney.





Matt, Maddy, Delaney, and Camryn.



All of us on the beach.  Right before this Maddy had fallen and scraped her knee so she wasn't happy, but I still think this is an awesome picture!



Our last morning there, half the house had to head out early for a 5K they were doing at the Dog Fish Brewery.  We packed up and checked out of the house and went to our favorite little donut shop to get the girls a donut.





Then we went to say bye to the beach.



Maddy got quite a bit of attention in her mermaid dress.  People were saying how cute she was and she must just be excited for Halloween, to which I responded with "no this is how she prefers to dress most days!"





The girls also had to get a picture with the penguin on the boardwalk.  This is outside the diner and all the people eating were laughing watching the girls hug and kiss this penguin ha.



I'd say we had a pretty great time!!!  Until next year Bethany....



Then we got back home and back to the day to day struggles of reality...like convincing Camryn she must wear clothes to school....

No comments:

Post a Comment