Thursday, July 31, 2014

Vacation Bible School and Summer Fun

Ok...I'm back to taking forever to write a post!!!  As usual we're beat...too busy keeping up with day to day life and trying to enjoy the summer at the same time.

Last week Maddy and Camryn weren't in school because Maddy had vacation bible school (VBS) every morning.  Mimi had the girls Monday and Wednesday, I watched them Tuesday and Thursday, and Gammy had them Friday.  It was a busy fun-filled week!

Maddy was supposed to wear her VBS tee-shirt all week.  Lucky for her it was huge and she couldn't wear it, because you know Maddy doesn't do tee-shirts, dresses and tu-tu's all the way.


During my days off with the girls we went to the playground.  Both girls loved going down the pole, Camryn of course, with no fear, just scares me.  She'll stand on the edge and say "watch this mommy, watch this" and just leap for the pole.  When I try to help she says "go way mommy, go way".  She is talking so much more and is just so cute when she does!






Maddy pouting on my leg.  I told her I'd take a picture of her pouting while her sister was having fun...she didn't seem to mind.







Camryn had to stop and pick flowers for her sister.



The girls have been finding quite a few caterpillars.  It's so funny they want to play with them but they're kind of scared and it's cracks me up.  Then they ask me to catch it...



Still playing with the poor caterpillar.





One night last week we met Whitney at Whole Foods for dinner.  The girls were happy to see her!





One day after VBS the girls and I and some other friends all went to Burke Lake.  We had ice cream.



BFF's both got mint chocolate chip.  Camryn got strawberry, but didn't like it...I know...didn't like ice cream!



We fed the ducks.





And geese.



We rode the train.  (Camryn loves Sydney who is Maddy's best friend so it's so funny, both my girls can't get enough of her and Camryn always says "where nee neee")







Waiting for the train.





One morning while Maddy was at VBS Camryn and I went to the sprinkler/fountains at the new Mosaic District.  It was so nice and so much fun. We went with Camryn's little friend and her mom and had a great time.  We also go to see Key since this is where she is now working, nannying for a little 4 month old boy!



Sprinkler park and all they wanted to do was play with the water spout by the trash can haha.







All that running around and fun made for so pooped little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment