Tuesday marked Camryn's first day of school! I say school but it's really summer camp. Their preschool does summer camp, so she's in the same class she will be in come September when the preschool year officially starts. Tuesday was the first day she'd been at Hunter Mill instead of home with Keren.
Matt got the girls ready and dropped them off and as you can tell from the pictures, Camryn looked pretty happy about it all!
Even after Monday off with me, poor Maddy still looks exhausted. I'm sure it didn't help that Camryn got up around 5am on Tuesday and Maddy around 6:30am.


They let Matt drop them off with no problems and about an hour later Camryn's BFF Isla showed up. Isla is going to camp for a few days this summer to spend time with Camryn which makes us so happy!! So we got a few pictures of the 3 of them on the playground.




When I picked them up on Tuesday they were all smiles. They were even running around the house in circles Tuesday night...must have been running on fumes...or so I thought. I figured they'd definitely sleep in Wednesday, when I had to drop them off, but they didn't, they were both up by 6:15am and Camryn was crabby to say the least. Rolling around on the floor crying about everything. I got them dressed and out the door quickly knowing that once they got to school they'd have fun and forget about their morning...I left Camryn's teacher with 2 crying kids. Camryn started crying so Maddy followed suit! Apparently life is good in the mornings when they are all on the playground together but when they split out into classes to go inside Camryn gets upset.
I must say, she's always happy when we pick her up and I think the morning crying has little to do with school and a lot to do with lack of sleep. Last night she went to sleep at 8:30pm (our AC broke so it was VERY hot) and woke around 6am (I think), Matt has morning duty today. Same story...lots of unnecessary crying at home this morning.
I have a feeling our weekday fun and all the blog pictures will diminish a little as our nights recently have been filled with dinner, baths, and winding down instead of walks, swimming, and outdoor play! I'm sure we'll get in to our new routine soon enough.
Hopefully our little wild child will decide to sleep one day soon and mornings will get a little easier :) We are still very pleased at how much fun they both seem to be having at school. Maddy has been great in the mornings, easy to deal with and trying to cheer Camryn up. Such cuties!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment