
And since it was so hot last week we made homemade sunbutter ice cream.

One night the girls let daddy take a nap while they ate a snack and watched some cartoons.

Camryn hasn't been sleeping well and when she wakes, whether it be midnight or 4am she demands I tend to her. If Matt tries to help out you hear screams that wake the whole house...she sure is a demanding little 2 year old! So when she gets up at 5am our options are to let her scream and wake up Maddy or get her up...so one morning she got up while we got ready for work and hung out in the doggie bed.

Another night Matt had an errand to run so the girls did beads while I made dinner. It was one of the first times I can think of that they played nicely and without demanding anything of me for a solid 20-30 minutes so I could get dinner made! Yay!!!


Camryn thought it was funny to put her underwear on her head one night and run away from me while I was trying to get her to bed. They sure do know how to prolong the bedtime routine!

We've always loved the tortillas that Keren makes so last week she let the girls make their own tortillas! Maybe they can show me!


The girls have spent a lot of time playing in the inflatable pool out back. Camryn has totally taken to her puddle jumper and loves to swim around.

Maddy had her first swim lesson last week and loved it! She gets to do lessons with her BFF which I'm sure makes it that much more fun!



Saturday was Maddy's BFF's birthday and birthday party as well as one of my best friends birthdays. She lives in NC so we didn't get to spend her birthday together but I did put together a few old (and one newer) pictures of us. I miss her!!

While we were anxiously awaiting Sydney's birthday party Maddy helped me fold clothes, and did a great job!

Camryn was being soooo fussy so Matt put her down for a nap, I think she finally fell asleep after an hour and 20 minutes of screaming. While she was napping Maddy and I did some painting.

The we all got ready for the party...and daddy thought it'd be funny to get in the picture :)

Sydney's party had a giant moon bounce and snow cone machine and pinata and the kids had a blast!! Camryn was actually doing flips in the moon bounce...she has no fear.




Camryn was giving Sydney's grandpa a tattoo

Once most of the guests left the girls gave Sydney her present.



Sunday Maddy had her last gymnastics class and it was parent participation day, so Matt and Camryn did gymnastics with Maddy while I got to sit down and take pictures :)

Maddy has done great in gymnastics but told us she wants to do dance again in the fall. I think Camryn may be a little gymnast. She sure loved all the activities she got to do while in Maddy's class.





Jumping Jacks.

After gymnastics we went back up to Sydney's. She got a new bike and the girls were excited to ride bikes together.



It was hot so a popsicle break was a must.

At one point Camryn was pushing Trent, who happens to be the oldest of the group, on the tricycle, it was adorable.

We finished up our weekend with dinner on the porch.

As we get further in to summer the weeks seem to get busier, more fun, and go by more quickly!
This is Keren's last week with us. I'll save that for a post of it's own. I'm so sad. Our family is ready for the next step but at the same time I'm not ready to let go of this phase. It means my girls are growing up, it means our lives will get that much more hectic and crazy, and I'm not ready...but I guess at this point that doesn't matter...here we go!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment