Wow, I can't believe it's already Thursday and I haven't posted yet. This week has certainly flown by!
We spent last week playing outside, as usual. The girls LOVE playing on their play set!

We were playing out there last week while Matt was mowing the lawn and Maddy had to make sure Matt had water, filling up a cup for him and taking it over to him every 10 minutes or so. It was so cute.

Cams got to spend some time playing with her BFF.


Maddy brought me a Mother's Day present she made at school. Hopefully I don't kill it before it blooms, I don't have a way with plants, that's for sure!

The gitrls have been busy catching bugs.

Not sure what this face is but she's cute no matter what!

Saturday was clean up day at the preschool and with Matt being the board chair he had a busy day Saturday. Clean-up day was a huge success, there were lots of parents and kids there helping. Matt did a great job organizing the event and everyone seemed to have a great time.

The stage got repainted.

The gutters cleaned.

Mulch spread.

Chickens watched :)

And the school bus got a nice bath.

and we picked up sticks.

We also had teacher conferences on the Saturday of clean-up so I met with Maddy's teacher. She said Maddy is doing great and is not as shy or timid anymore and talks to and plays with all her classmates. One of her teachers also commented on how sweet she is. So proud of her and the progress she's made since starting school!
Sunday was mothers day. I got to sleep in a little and had breakfast made for me. The girls and Matt gave me a beautiful necklace with 2 heart cut outs on it, and then the girls each have a necklace with a heart on it, very cute!
We went for a walk together and then headed to gymnastics. The gymnastics teacher asked the moms to join in for mothers day so Camryn and I got to do gymnastics with Maddy. After that we went out for lunch.


Lunch was followed by some slip n slide fun at home. Although the girls really just screamed because they didn't want to get wet, but the plan was for Matt to wear them out so we could relax Sunday evening :) I forgot to mention we had a pretty rough Saturday night. Matt was up most of the night with Camryn (me, Maddy, and Cams have all had this cold/cough/allergies?? yuckiness going on for over a week now!) And I heard a noise at 2am, got up, realized I couldn't find Cash, after about 20 minutes of looking for him I found him in the half bath...trying to chew his way out. Of course, why not just bark, he'd rather chew his way out. Silly dog.



We wrapped up the day playing on the porch. Camryn decided she wasn't ready to relax and instead threw all the cushions on the floor and jumped off the couch into them, over and over again.

We thought we'd gotten the girls down and Matt and I were relaxing on the porch when we hear a noise inside. We come in to find Maddy had drug a chair from the family room into the kitchen and was trying to peak out the kitchen window to see what we were doing. It was actually quite funny.

Monday, Mrs. Beattie, the director of Maddy's preschool turned 90!! There was a big celebration for her at a local restaurant. She is such an amazing woman, we are so blessed to have met her and to be part of the Hunter Mill family! Maddy and Sydney kept going up to Mrs. Beattie throughout the night to hug her, it was adorable.

We have Maddy's birthday party on Saturday that we're looking forward to and then her 4th birthday next week. I can't believe it!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment