Tuesday, April 15, 2014

BBQ time

With the nice weather heading our way we decided to have some friends over last weekend to kick off spring and break in our deck and porch a little more :)

The days leading up to the weekend we did the usual...playing outside, hanging out, and just spending time together.

The girls spent their days playing outside or with friends.

















Matt and the girls also had races in the front yard.  I think Maddy won most of them :)



The girls also helped Matt fix his flat tire.







All that fresh air and handy work is exhausting...





Saturday morning we went for a nice walk, just killing time until our friends came over.





Uncle Zach stopped by to play for a little bit.



And out of nowhere Camryn jumped on their little 4-wheeler and just took of (like she'd done it before...only we've never seen her do it)



And the girls blew bubbles while Cash stood by eating the bubbles.



Then our friends showed up and we had an awesome time.  The kids ran around, played with the gator and 4-wheeler, they even talked a few of the dads into playing hide and seek.  We topped the evening off with, nothing other than, Frozen...although it didn't work like we thought it would.  The kids sat for about 20 minutes before they were off again...I guess with a playground at your disposal they couldn't sit still, not even after playing all afternoon.








We even broke out the water guns and had some fun!


Needless to say we were pooped come Sunday...at least Matt and I were.  The girls were right back outside playing and enjoying Popsicles.



Maddy had her 2nd gymnastics class and did great!  She walked right in to class and had a ball!  I attempted to get pics of her doing a tumble but got the before and after and missed the tumble completely haha.



After gymnastics we just had to get Zinga...because we love FroYo.


Yesterday Maddy had school and wore the cutest little dress.  The colorful spring dresses are just so adorable on the girls!  Maddy happily let me take a picture of her before school.


Gammy picked Maddy up from school because we had to take Camryn to an appointment to have her belly button looked at.  She has a small umbilical hernia.  Luckily the dr. said it wasn't a problem and he wanted us to wait until she was 5 to have it checked again in hopes that it closes on its own.  While we were waiting for the dr. Camryn crawled onto the table and was laying there being all goofy, he walks in and she about jumped off the table into my arms ha.  She was good though and we were in and out in no time.


In the meantime Maddy and Gammy were...At ZINGA!! haha



Followed by some shopping.  Maddy came home with a new dress on and plenty of fun new hair bows and headbands for her and Camryn.  When I was putting her to bed last night I just couldn't believe how grown up she looks now a days.  So I had to take more pictures of her...and then she insisted on taking one of me.






So there you have it...our not-so-exciting but still-so-amazing-week.

Other than all that fresh air and fun Maddy did say a few funny things.  I have to write down the things she says so I can recap them here.  Both girls are at such great ages and are so funny and have such great personalities shining through.   Maddy's quotes from this past week are as follows:

"When I grow up I want to be Cinderella"...no shocker there

After eating something last week she goes ..."I'm done.  My tummy says thank you."

And then just last night, she was wearing a new dress mom got her, insisted on sleeping in it and I'm laying down with her when she must have spotted something else she just HAD to wear.  So she goes "mommy I'm cc ccc  cccoolllddd, cc cccannn I pp ppp ppuuttt on some pppp jjjammas..."  I say sure and she goes "ok thanks", from stuttering from the freezing (75 degree) temps to jumping up to put on princess pj's.  She sure is an actress!






No comments:

Post a Comment