Monday, October 7, 2013

Shutdown



As of Tuesday 10/1 the federal government has shutdown.  We went in to work Tuesday to receive our furlough letters and set our out of office messages. How upsetting!  This has all felt like a huge slap in the face as a dedicated federal employee for over 10 years now.  But, what can you do?  We have been enjoying the time home with the girls while praying we will be back paid for this time.

This has also made me think about all the wonderful things in my life.  We have amazingly supportive family, from my mom who made us dinner the first day we were furloughed to my dad helping me out with our car to Matt's mom and aunt coming down and helping us out a ton,  we are truly blessed.  I sit here tonight feeling so thankful for our family, for our amazing children, for a husband that tells me it will all be ok (and I know it will be when he says it), to my friends...I have great friends whom I love dearly.  All things aside we are so blessed.  

So what have we been doing?  Well Matt has been volunteering at the preschool, building fences, cutting down trees, you name it.  I've been trying to catch up with things around the house.  We take lots of walks.  Maddy rides her gator and Camryn pushes her baby stroller. 

And then it ends with Matt carrying the dead gator home and me pushing Cams in the baby doll stroller.


I took the girls and Keren to the mall the other day while I had an eye appointment.  They went on the merry go round and played.






We have been outside a lot because its been 85 degrees out!






We also celebrated Zachs 25th birthday with dinner at moms house.









No comments:

Post a Comment