Friday, June 3, 2016

May

Another month gone in the blink of an eye!  May was a great month.  Summer is approaching, and although it rained most of the month, literally almost every day, it's still exciting as you can feel summer right around the corner.  Maddy turned 6 in May and lost her first tooth.  Mothers Day was in May and we ended the month with a pool party at the neighbors for Memorial Day weekend.

Camryn is still goofy as ever.

The girls decided they liked sparkling water and their faces were so funny when they were trying it.  I tried to get a video but by the time I did it the initial reactions had passed.

Maddy has been practicing her reading.








The Friday before Mother's day some girl friends of mine and I took a day off work and had a moms day (and night) out!  We started our day at Charlestown Casino...were none of us won big.



Then we went to SweetShine Distillery, which was delicious and so much fun.  It was such a rainy day that we had the place to ourselves.  They gave us a room upstairs where we were able to have lunch that we brought.  It was so nice!





We stopped a few wineries and headed to Reston Town Center where we had dinner and stayed the night.

I didn't mind afternoon cuddles later that weekend with my Cams.



Not sure what the girls were taking a picture of here.  Some bump or bruise Cams has but I honestly can't remember.



Matt made and the girls delivered breakfast in bed on Mothers Day.  We then watched The Minions for a bit in bed, it was so nice!



We also installed a stair runner on Mothers Day morning...no rest for the weary.



And we remodeled our foyer with new paint (don't have a picture of that) and molding.




Camryn loves cleaning her room.  Once it's clean she won't let you lay under her covers.





Spring clean up at the preschool was held in May.  Matt, along with some of the other parents worked hard all day to improve the school grounds.





We stopped by before gymnastics so I could do my conference with Cams teacher and the girls played.  Cams teacher couldn't say enough nice things about her.  Says she's a wonderful class citizen, she's a great friend, she likes to participate in class and she's super smart!  It's wonderful to hear such great things and to know her teacher loves her so much.  We're so proud of Cams.





Cams got tired of Maddy's messy room and cleaned it for her one day!





This is the sheet Camryn filled out for me for Mothers day.  Maddy thought I was 50 last year when she did one of these, so at least now I'm only 42.  Funny she thinks I'm special because I make dinner...you wouldn't know it because Cams NEVER eats anything I make and lives off of breakfast food (cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, toast, bananas).





Camryn loves to play on the playground while Maddy has soccer practice.





Camryn had a field trip this month the Meadowlark Gardens.  While I couldn't go, a friend did, and sent me some cute pictures!!








Our new foyer light and partially painted foyer.







Maddy had a friend over for a playdate on a rainy Sunday.  After playing they curled up on the couch together to play with Maddy's new computer.





Maddy pretending to paint.





The only picture I got from the Memorial day pool party.  Unfortunately it was another rainy day, but the girls didn't mind and spent about 5 hours in the pool.  By the time we left Maddy's toes were raw.






On the first nice day we had in weeks, we had some friends over for a last minute cook out.




Camryn got to go to a friends house for play date and they spent their time in her closet, trying on dresses haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment